The bottling line. Where beer gets bottled, and people talk. It’s like the water cooler for brewers. At least we think so…
It’s been a week of shakeups in the craft beer world. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
- Students in Zimbabwe have been banned from bringing cereal to school (think oatmeal and related grains), as they’ve been caught brewing beer out of it (Vice).
- Heineken will acquire a 50 percent stake in the nation’s sixth-largest craft beer producer, Lagunitas, for an undisclosed amount of cash. Heineken must have had a little sumpin’ sumpin’ (Press Democrat).
- Brew 2 at the Zoo is happening at the Palm Beach Zoo on September 26th from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
- I brewed up an amber ale this weekend, should ferment out nice at around 5% abv.
- Tottenham Hotspur won their first match of the season today, which was nice to watch. Thanks to Ryan Mason for putting his body on the line for a win.