New Belgium Brewing’s annual Clips Beer & Film Tour is coming to Miami on October 22. Beer! Short films! Outside activity!
This is the sixth year of the brewery roving from coast to coast bringing beer and amateur video production. As is the case with this series of events, it’s a nonprofit-benefiting show with the proceeds from beer sales benefiting Urban Oasis Project. The event kicks off in Margaret Pace Park at 7:00 p.m. and the films start rolling at 8:30 p.m.
Many of New Belgium’s Lips of Faith beers will be on hand to purchase. According to the brewer, up to 17 varieties from Lips of Faith to brewery classics will be on tap. There is even a complete list of beers available at the Miami stop.
The beers will be available in 3-ounce samples or a 12-ounce pour. It looks to be a token-laden affair.
“New Belgium selects approximately 20 short films for the tour each season,” the brewery’s marketing department shared. “All selected filmmakers for the 2015 tour receive a trophy-worthy beer in a custom screen-printed bottle, made exclusively for the winning submissions. This year, chosen films include a panda with an attitude about craft beer, a mano-a-mano mountain bike brawl, a whimsical human-powered surf rig and much, much more! It’s a diverse and highly entertaining line-up with something for everyone.”
“Clips is all about providing a great evening for the local community to enjoy together, while also giving back to it,” said Christie Cantania, Clips National Special Events Manager. “We changed the set-up this year and we are really excited to share the creativity of our brewers and film makers, as well as our new ambiance.”
Admission – free
3 oz. sample – $1.50
12 oz. beer – $6.00
- You will be asked to prove that you are old enough to enjoy an adult beverage. Please bring your government issued ID. No ID means no beer!
- Bring low chairs or blankets – or lounge on the grass!
- No outside alcohol – leave the libations to us.
- Picnics are welcome, although you might want to check out our local food vendors before you bring your own!
- Bring your water bottle. We give water away for free. Look for the tall blue signs and stay hydrated!
- Walk, ride your bike, carpool, take public transportation…please.